On 9/26/18 7:17 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
No, perldoc only "tells you everything" if you already know perl 5. You do, so you don't see this.

perldocs is wonderful for the beginner.  It is the ONLY thing
I miss in Perl 6.

I like Perl 5; I adore Perl 6.  I especially love the
clean up of sub declarations (I write in Top Down) and
the clean up of regex's.

Start simple, work up to the complex.  I am starting
to contribute to help this along.  My beginners
status is perfect for this as I don't miss what other think
they see because they already know what it is suppose to say.

Oh ya, and in Perl 6 EVERYTHING starts counting from zero,
unlike Perl 5 (p5's m/ starts at $1).  No guess work and one
liners to figure it out.