On 10/16/18 8:20 PM, Joseph Brenner wrote:
Lately zef hasn't been working for me to do module installation.
I can do things like "zef --list" to get a list of available
modules but when I actually try to do the installation I see
things like this:

   zef install Array::Agnostic

   ===> Searching for: Array::Agnostic
   ===> Testing: Array::Agnostic:ver<0.0.6>:auth<cpan:ELIZABETH>
   ===SORRY!===
   Object does not exist in serialization context
   ===> Testing [FAIL]: Array::Agnostic:ver<0.0.6>:auth<cpan:ELIZABETH>
   Aborting due to test failure:
Array::Agnostic:ver<0.0.6>:auth<cpan:ELIZABETH> (use --force-test to
override)

And no, using --force-test only gets me a little further, it
still fails with "Object does not exist in serialization context".

Any suggestions on what that might mean?

perl6 --version
This is Rakudo Star version 2018.06 built on MoarVM version 2018.06
implementing Perl 6.c.

Hi Joseph,

What I do is to go to the github source for the module:

https://github.com/lizmat/Array-Agnostic

Then I "Clone or Download" (green button on the right middle).
I usually download it as a "zip".  Then I unzip it to a directory.

Next I cd into the directory and install it with

   zef install .

HTH,
-T