the strace command ended up only tracing the shell script "perl6", which very quickly execs moar, at which point strace considers its job done. there was barely any output at all for that reason.

fortunately we can just add -f to the strace command so that it follows processes as they are spawned.

does /home/linuxutil have many files and folders in it?

was the output from RAKUDO_MODULE_DEBUG going smoothly, or were there any points where it did any very long pauses?

it does look a little like some of your individual modules have their own "use lib" commands in them, but i'm not exactly sure how it influences precompilation and such.