That sounds like a recipe for even more confusion further down the road; now whether you get a -0-i or a 0-i out of your bag depends on which one of the two was put in first, and the difference between 0 and -0 surely makes a difference in enough cases when doing floating point math that it would come up at just the right time to ruin your day :(