On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 14:51:52 -0800
ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <perl6-users@perl.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have posted a few times to Stack Exchange.  There is a
> lot of intellectual property over there.  This I do like.
>
> What I do not like, is that it is hard to carry on a
> conversation do their their comments being so short
> and lacking in formatting.  They expect you to add
> extra comments under your original porting which
> totally ruins the flow of the converstation.

StackOverflow is a Q&A-style website, that's their intended flow. If
you want more of a conversation-style help, this mailing list is a much
better option to go towards.

> And, worse, the feel it is appropriate to actually
> go into your posts and edit your content.  The
> called it correcting your grammar.   This is offensive.

What you find offensive isn't set in stone for others. There's also a
lot of value in ensuring everything is constructed in a similar way.
This enables people to not have to learn each person's style and
grammar choices all over whenever they are looking for an answer to a
problem of theirs.

> Is there another forum out there like Stack exchange without these
> negative issues?

They may be a negative to you personally because you dislike being
corrected on grammar, but they're not "negative issues" for the
community at large. However, this very ML seems to be the kind of thing
you're looking for, no?

--
With kind regards,

Patrick Spek

www:  https://www.tyil.nl/
mail: p.s...@tyil.nl
pgp:  1660 F6A2 DFA7 5347 322A  4DC0 7A6A C285 E2D9 8827

social: https://soc.fglt.nl/tyil
git:    https://gitlab.com/tyil/