Hi Todd,
I don't think this is a Rakudo problem. It's a Fedora 31 problem.
ALready, when you start raku without Readline installed, it gives the
message:

> $ raku
> You may want to `zef install Readline` or `zef install Linenoise` or use
rlwrap for a line editor

> To exit type 'exit' or '^D'

Which is pretty much what you are requesting in the two RFEs you posted.

The problem I think in this case is that Readline is not working in Fedora
31 even with the following packages installed:

> rakudo-0.2019.11-3.fc31.x86_64
> rakudo-Readline-0.1.5-2.fc31.x86_64

--
Norman Gaywood, Computer Systems Officer
School of Science and Technology

ngayw...@une.edu.au  http://turing.une.edu.au/~ngaywood
Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412  Mobile: +61 (0)4 7862 0062

Please avoid sending me Word or Power Point attachments.