On 2020-01-28 16:52, Trey Harris wrote:
On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 19:46 ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <perl6-users@perl.org <mailto:perl6-users@perl.org>> wrote:

     > my uint $u= 0xFF44; say $u.^name
    Int

    Wrong answer

It’s absolutely the right answer. You autoboxed it by running a method—`.^name`—on it. A uint can’t respond to `.^name`, so you can never get that as the right answer. If you try assigning a negative value to it after doing `.^name`, you’ll be able to, but if you read it back, it will be the complement.

You seem to be asking for Raku to intentionally provoke, then recover from, a segmentation fault, and then tell you whether or not it faulted. Is that what you’re asking for?

How am I suppose to know when something gets altered by my
observation of it?  Seriously.

If it is a uint, I want to see uint.  If it
is being altered, I want to see that too.