On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 15:28 ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <
perl6-users@perl.org> wrote:

> "Todd" would convert to
>      84 00 111 00 100 00 100 00 00 00

I’m sorry, you misunderstood me. I wasn’t asking how to convert text into
UTF. I was asking for an example of the 3-byte UTF plus 32-bit null cbData
field. “Todd\0” is not 3-bytes + null, it’s 4 bytes + null. (You can see
that from your groupings above—every two pairs make an octet, and there are
5 pairs. That’s 40 bits, not 32.)

Also, I assume you used that because it’s your name—could you use an
example from the actual registry dataset like what you’re processing,
please, and not one that you’ve invented yourself? I’m trying to see how
it’s _used_ in real life, not how you’re imagining it could be used.