Larry all looks good with the latest email and encoding!

Interpreting  %hash-with-arrays.values>>[].flat aka
%hash-with-arrays.values»[].flat

>> is hyperoperator
https://docs.raku.org/language/operators#index-entry-hyper_
<<-hyper_>>-hyper_«-hyper_»-Hyper_operators
and as for [] "it's the postcircumfix[]
<https://docs.raku.org/language/operators#circumfix_[_]> which is being
hypered."
it is "The Array <https://docs.raku.org/type/Array> constructor returns an
itemized Array <https://docs.raku.org/type/Array> that does not flatten in
list context."
And then, call "flat" on the resulting itemized Arrays.

> say gather %hash-with-arrays.values.deepmap: { .take }
(6 7 8 1 2 3 4 5)
> say %hash-with-arrays.values>>[].flat
(6 [7 8] 1 2 3 4 5)

Happy with those!

ps. :-) I now see Ralph's comment including
"microwave+garlic+to+remove+skin" as poetic, referring to both removing the
"item" skins and the Unicode garlic ideogram

-y