On 2020-04-09 09:39, Richard Hainsworth wrote:
Am I missing something here?

It would seem obvious to me that Git and Raku are not linked in any way, except of course for developers who only use Git with Raku, or who only have a dependency on Git through zef.

It would therefore seem to me that a Raku / Zef distribution should NOT bundle Git. Consequently, 'Git' is not "forgotten" and that is *should* be installed independently.

Git is required for Zef to operate.  So Git is a dependency
of Zef.  Therefor Zef should either include Git or warn
the user that he needs to download it himself