On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 04:42:44PM -0700, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
> On 2020-05-15 15:23, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> > On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 02:51:10PM -0700, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Actually, he showed me the end result, not how he did it.
> > > I really need to know how he did it
> >
> > Um, what he showed you was not in any way related to GTK+; it was
> > an example of using grid layout in Cascading Style Sheets (CSS),
> > a widely-used extension to HTML for making webpages. His point was
> > to illustrate the *idea* of aligning buttons, text labels, and text
> > input boxes to a grid.
> >
> > So you posted a screenshot of running the 03-grid.p6 example.
> > It showed a couple of buttons and a text label, and it aligned them in
> > the way described in the source code. Play around with it a bit, move
> > the buttons and the text labels around, create another element or two,
> > look at the other examples, maybe the one that says "Hello World", maybe
> > the one that is called "text", see what other types of GTK+ things you
> > can put onto the grid.
>
> With the exception that I do not know how to get the
> data back out of the pop up.  The example does not even
> have a `okay` and `cancel` button

...so, as I said, you look at the other examples. This one is merely
an example of aligning things, not of making things do something.
That's what the other examples (like the ones that, I don't know, maybe
the ones that I mentioned?).

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  r...@ringlet.net r...@debian.org p...@storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13