On 2020-06-05 13:06, Peter Pentchev wrote:
On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 11:32:20AM -0700, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
Hi All,

Windows 10 Pro

raku -v
This is Rakudo version 2020.05.1 built on MoarVM version
2020.05 implementing Raku 6.d.

I had a weird symptom calling Raku from Cobian Backup.
A black box popped up, delayed about two seconds,
then died.  The only writing was the flashing cursor.

Running the program directly from a shell showed
that I had a directory in "lib" that did not
exist on the customer's machine:

use lib 'K:/NtUtil', 'C:/NtUtil', '.';

Edited out the missing directory and happy camping returned.

What is the window title of that "black box"? Is it possible that it is
a command prompt that is actually your program, and that it took longer
to run because of something like trying to access a network drive or
something? (note: I have not run Windows in about ten years, I have no
idea how it behaves when you try to access a drive letter that does not
correspond to a currently mapped device or share).

Hi Peter,

It was "Raku".

And I did check the result of what was suppose to have
happened and it did not.

I had a little tiny panic attack as I had spend endless
hours on that program just to have it not interface
with Cobian.

After correcting my "usr lib", all the text that
was suppose to show (as showed in a shell) did
show up i the Raku black box.

Trivia:  this is how Cobian calls my program:

COMMANDLINE,"C:\rakudo\bin\raku.exe C:\NtUtil\CobianWrapper.pl6 --rotates 20 --backup_path [BACKUP]\MyDocsBackup\backup1",true

-T