On Sat, Nov 19, 2022 at 10:13 PM, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <perl6-users@perl.org <mailto:perl6-users@perl.org>> wrote:

    Hi All,

    Any of you familiar with native call?

    In the following

        C++
        HANDLE WTSOpenServerA(
           [in] LPSTR pServerName
        );

    Is HANDLE a DWORD (32 bit integer)?

    I just noticed I have HANDLE defined in Raku as

           constant HANDLE   = Pointer[void];

    I do believe most C++ pointers are 32 bit
    cardinals (unsigned integers)

    Many thanks,
    -T

On 11/21/22 04:36, yary wrote:
Handle is a pointer and you can treat it as such.

A handle is a pointer to another pointer! it has different uses but basically it is a pointer. Most pointers are a memory address of a value like a number or string, a handle is a memory address of a pointer (another address) to one of those.

Thank you!

I am being forced to learn C++.   AAA HHHH !!!!

Interesting that they use the term HANDLE
interchangeably with **pXXX (pointer to a pointer
pointer).