Oh my... beutifully done mba' Ida!!! I take off my hat and salute you!!!
Ini baru namanya merendahkan diri, meninggikan mutu he...he...he....
jeffrey pasti seneng dan puas sekali tuh ngeliat tulisan mba' Ida yang mengaku
salah, sabar dan menjunjung tinggi opponant-nya.
Jeffrey, menurut pendapat gue sih loe lagi di"mooned" sama mba' Ida...:).
Ngerasa kaya' ditampar engga' pipi-nya? engga' ngerasa? bagus deh kalau
gitu... he...he...he...

Mba' Ida tolong dong ajarin kita2 semua, biar bisa jadi politian handal
nih...:)

Ichal

Notrida Mandica <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
ooops...

Jangan diperpanjang dong Mas-Mas.  Mas Jeffrey sedang praktek Freedom of
speech. Kan kita sudah setuju dalam negara demokrasi, kita harus menghargai
pendapat orang lain.  Tidak peduli mereka junior atau senior, namanya
menunjukkan kesalahan atau mengeritik adalah hak setiap orang.  Sebagai
jawabannya, saya harus mengaku salah kalau bersalah. Dan kalau saya benar,
saya akan membela diri dengan mengajukan data. Dalam keadaan real, saya akan
menggunakan lembaga hukum untuk menjawab Mas Jefferey.

Waktu Tacquoville (probably I spelled it wrong), a French traveler,
berkunjung ke US, salah satu keterpikatan beliau dengan US adalah konsep
SPEECH and political freedom to stand front of people and spread new ideas
and new venture, especially in the political debates. That is the beauty  of
democracy when people know where they stand. So, it is absolutely fine for
others to criticize me. I will learn from their criticism.

Jefferey's critics is so poignant.  Jefferey has inspired me to read more
and to write more.  Jefferey has inspired to write to Indonesian newspapers
or journals so that people can read my thoughts.  He is right that I am
shallow.  He is right that I am not a wonderful scholar.  He is damn right
that I am not serving my country with wonderful ideas. He is perfectly
correct.

I study politics from text books, I have written several journal articles
(they were all published in American journals, btw), and Insya Allah, my
book (co-author with Dr. Houseman of Indiana University) will be out early
next year.  Nevertheless, I always believe that inputs from people are
always wonderful.  I cannot see my dents at my back until someone points
them out.

Thank you so much friends, Jefferey and Mardhika.  You are my inspirations.
BTW, I think the title of "RATU BULLSHIT" is not bad at all. It is a title.
What do you think?

:) enjoy your night,

ida