On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Abi Lover wrote:

> In my previous message I had not said anything about U+06C0 or
> “normalisation”. It had nothing to do with that. I don’t know where you got
> that idea from. Perhaps you should go back and read it again, and come up
> with a more sensible reply.

You did not say anything about Normalization. That's more than correct.
But the only reason for not allowing U+06C0 in the standard, is its
cannonical decomposition. That weighs down all other reasoning. BTW, I got
the idea from Unicode. Where else? ;)

You may be correct in all your reasoning, but we are not talking about
technology available at the minute, or using all of one's options, or even
keyboards that can't generate two characters for a single key. We are
talking about interoperable text processing.

> If these exchanges look like a “monologue” (or perhaps a “dialogue”),
> perhaps that is because not many people have registered on this mailing
> list, or if they have, they choose not to participate.

They looked liked monologues, because people did not reply to each other
case by case. They posted them like announcements. (I don't have anything
to tell about participation. There are many subscribers that have talked
at the right moment, and there are many others who are just interested in
listening.)

> I am not going to “finish”. You finish! If you want me to “finish”, you will
> have to shut down your mailing list; and judging by the amount of
> participation taking place on in it, it probably wouldn’t do any harm if you
> did. Running a one-man show!

I didn't ask you to finish. I asked you to tell me when you had done all
your reasoning, and there is nothing else remaining on the issue. "When
the dust settles" should have been the proper phrase.

> I suggest you read my messages more carefully in the future if you intend to
> reply to them. I don’t know what you are talking about.

I have read all your posts, and I think they should have been
informational for some of the subscribers. But I am mainly talking about:

        http://lists.sharif.edu/pipermail/farsiweb/2002-May/000266.html

Which I replied with:

        http://lists.sharif.edu/pipermail/farsiweb/2002-May/000267.html

and again:

        http://lists.sharif.edu/pipermail/farsiweb/2002-June/000276.html

You did not reply to any of them. Would you please reply?

roozbeh