Hello all

I am trying to enable a colleague (he is persian, but somewhat older and not that good with his computer) to write texts in farsi on his computer.

I have installed the multilanguage version of Windows XP, the arabic MUI and put farsi into the "Eingabegebietsschemaleiste" (i am at a loss here for the english equivalent).

When I start Word 2003, and change the language to farsi, i can type in farsi, but the numerals appear in western typeset.

The same happens with OpenOffice 1.1 and Wordpad.

Is there a way to remove that problem?

As a sidequestion, i heard, that the multilanguageversion of Word 2003 is quite good, is that true regarding farsi?

Ciao, Thomas Speck

Thomas Speck                 Universitaet Hildesheim
    Zentrum fuer Fernstudium und Weiterbildung
Marienburger Platz 22                     Raum F 108
Tel.: +49(5121)883226          Fax : +49(5121)883222
         E-Mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]