Greetings....

My organization has asked us to "internationalize" our storage management
software.
Naturally I thought why not do it in Farsi...this way I learn the technique
and if that product
ever comes to Iran....then so match the better...

Basically I need some type of a high level hand-holding at this point, sort
of "theory of operation"
or "concepts" as what are the differing modules of an Internationalized
software.
My portion of this software is a CLI (command line interface) (aka console
app for windows users).
This code is to run on Linux, FreeBSD and Windows and is implemented in
C/C++.

I appreciate some help on this matter...

Here are some random qeustions:

1- Would the existing input and output functions (such as iostream or C's
I/O libs) continue to
work, or do I need to change them?
2- Do I have a resource (or data type) issue, for example 7 bit ASCII vs
Unicode.
3- If my program does currently string comparisons (as a CLI parser would
do), how do I manage
this problem. I though of a "translator module" to maximize reusability of
the existing code.
4- Based on my brief reading, there seems to be a diverging set of encoding
under various ISO,
UTF-8, Unicode, etc....should I just use Unicode or in general what are the
design issues in this
regard.

Anything else that you can think of would be nice...

Thanks
Mehdi

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission
is intended by 3ware for the use of the named individual or entity to which
it is directed and may contain information that is confidential or
privileged and should not be disseminated without prior approval from 3ware