On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 14:27, Behnam wrote:
> Nasta'aligh font which was available at
> http://www.crulp.org/ (which seems to be no more there)

Should be a server issue. I'm contacting the guys to ask.

> I said it wasn't Unicode. Connie thought it was.

It is Unicode, it seems, but Pakistanis have their own letters. For
example, it seems that they don't use the Arabic/Persian Heh, and they
have their own two different Hehs in Unicode. So if you use a Persian
Heh in a word, the word breaks.

> Since you just come from Lahore, you had a chance to take a closer look
> at this font

I couldn't look closely, but I took a look at the internals and also
used it a little. I can't tell much about its compliance, but it's
definitely an Urdu font. For example, it contains certain ligatures that
happen in some Urdu words, but not the equivalent Persian ones.

> what's your take on it? From what I could see,
> it doesn't seem to be mapped properly according Unicode standard.

Would you provide examples?

roozbeh