On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 09:53, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> I just want to note that simply putting an online dictionary
> service on the web does not need any permission from the
> copyright holder of the dictionary data.

I can neither confirm or deny that. It *depends*. What if someone puts
the whole "linux.words" file through your web service and extracts all
the information? Will you not be a party to the copyright infringement?

IANAL either, but my amateur legal advice is "I don't know". You should
ask a lawyer if you are going to do that.

roozbeh