Greetings,

This is a great way to generate Farsi PDFs. I had used Adobe Acrobat 5 previously to accomplish this task. Now with a few simple steps, OS X can convert .PS files into PDFs instantly and automatically. I tried to see if it generated proper Farsi PDFs and using the AdobePS 8.8 driver, it works perfectly.

I hope someone finds it useful,
Neema

Printing PDF files from Classic applications: a freeware PDF Distiller

Applications written for Mac OS X can automatically create PDF files (Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat files), but applications written for earlier Mac OS versions can also create PDF files automatically, although some initial setup is required. The following procedures work flawlessly under Mac OS X 10.3.2 "Panther," and will probably continue to work under later versions. Similar but not identical procedures are possible under Mac OS 10.2 "Jaguar" (10.2.4 or later), but require much more extensive setup and additional downloads that are not documented here. I strongly recommend updating to 10.3 "Panther" instead of trying to automate these procedures under 10.2 "Jaguar." The instructions refer specifically to WPMac, but can easily be applied to any Classic application.

http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html#pdfclassic