Oh! I am late to vote!

In IranL10nInfo draft we have defined the first letter of the weekdays for their
abbreviated names. You can see it in the first table of section [3.2]:
http://www.idevcenter.com/projects/iranl10ninfo/draft/#3.2-DateTimeNamingAndPatterns

And the description is:
[3.2.3]
It is very common to use the first letter of weekdays in month calendars.

However, it is so rare to see this short form in a representation of a date. We had
also some recent posts about the day and month names you can read here and discuss if
you wish: http://www.idevcenter.com/projects/iranl10ninfo/forum/?messageid=10

Thanks
Omid K. Rad
   <<Iran Localization Info for Microsoft .NET>>