On Sun, 15 May 2004, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> So we've reached a consensus on using "Iranian Calendar" for
> the term referring to the solar calendar in action in Tehran,
> right? So we forget about Jalali name, and call it Iranian
> Calendar, quite like Chinese, Japanese, and other countries.

"Iranian Calendar" is okay IMHO, but I like the "Persian Calendar"
better for the name of the calendar system, since it covers more
countries. In Iran we use the Iranian subtype of the Persian calendar,
and in Afghanistan the Jalali subtype is used. I don't know about
Tajikistan.

Fortunately in .NET it is possible to define subtypes for a calendar
system provided that they use the same algorithm but differ in day
names, month names, date patterns and so on.

Omid