On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Hooman Mehr wrote:
>
> > Excellent news. While talking about clarifications, I couldn't find the
> > properties for U+060D. Do you have information in this regard?
>
> No idea.  What kind of information are you looking for?  If this
> is what you like to hear, yes using that character instead of
> slash, solves your poblem of entering short dates. :-)

Ok, here comes the more info from Chapter 8 of Unicode available
online at:

http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode4.0.0/ch08.pdf#G20596

It says:

Date Separator. U+060D ARABIC DATE SEPARATOR is used in Pakistan
and India between the numeric date and the month name when
writing out a date.  This sign is distinct from U+002F SOLIDUS,
which is used, for example, as a separator in currency amounts.

--behdad
  behdad.org