mac and farsi:

I haven't had the opportunity to try the latest Office but I have what must in any case be a financially less burdensome solution:
For wordprocessing use Mellel [http://www.redlers.com]. Cost: 29$ . It has tables, footnotes etc and is very much unicode savvy. As far as Filemaker is concerned v.7 allows the use of unicode fonts and *seems* (haven't given it a thorough testing yet) to be able to sort posts accordingly.

Office 2004 is from the reviews I have seen at best uneven in its implementation of Unicode.

cheers
Rouzbeh Parsi