>> Does Glibc support persian numbers?
>
> Yes. This is what 'I' flag defined for.  (see printf manual part 3)
> You can change your '%d' and '%f'  with '%Id' and '%If' in printf
> parameters like this:
>
> printf ("%Id", 12345);
>
> And you will see Persian digits if you set you locale to fa_IR.

If think you wanted to say "%lc" -- the length modifier "l" is applied to
char type:

printf("%lc", 0x06f3);  // arabic-indic digit 3

I'm not sure if that is what he was asking.  I thought he might have
been asking about automatic conversion of Arabic-Indic digits (e.g.
U+06F3) to integer values (e.g.  3) and vice-versa; persumably this
would happen if the locale is set fa_IR.