Some soft tissue fungi can be killed at very low ppm levels for a few day
with anoxic argon treatments. Fungi spore with change, high humidity, low
humidity etc and with differences in argon verses nitrogen. Its a  protective
mechanism to sustain. Early research has been done to realize  the
difference just no follow up research that I am aware of. Earlier research
indicated a higher spore count with nitrogen than argon treatments after
exposure
to air. Hopefully, a mycologist is working on this somewhere.

Bill

In a message dated 10/13/2010 11:23:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rfons...@expm.com.pt writes:

Dear pestlist friends,
>From our experience, when it comes to funghi anoxia doesn't interfere  with
them (at least at a point that could be considered a treatment). For this
kind of problems mixing insects and funghi, we use anoxia and for selected
critical items with fungus we find freezing and unfreezing cicles very
effective in funghi killing (both outside and inside the books).

--
Rui Marto Fonseca
Gestor Produto / Product Manager

EXPM, Desinfestacao e Higienizacao,  Lda

Equipamentos e Servicos para Preservacao e Conservacao de Acervos /
Equipment & Services for the Preservation and Maintenance of  Collections

ESCRITORIO / OFFICE: Rua dos Ciprestes, 48 - Edificio  Office no Estoril -
2765-623 Estoril
Tel: 00351 214661910 / Fax: 00351  214661523 / Email:
_rfons...@expm.com.pt_ (mailto:rfons...@expm.com.pt)

SEDE /  HEADQUARTER: R. Prof. Dias Valente, n.32 - Edificio Copacabana, 4B
- 2765-578  Estoril

ARMAZEM / STOREHOUSE: R. Fonte da Carreira, 350 - Armazem 10 A  - Mata Sete
- Manique de Baixo - 2645-467 Alcabideche
Tel: 00351  210936238