Hi

I would apply the spray to susceptible timber throughout the area where the
borer was active, mainly because their long life cycle within the timber (i.e.
from when the larvae first emerge from the egg until when the adult emerges
from an exit hole) means that extensive damage can occur. Sound timber now may
not be in 3-4 years time.

Best wishes,
Alex

Alex Roach