Hi Amber

I was waiting for somebody else to confirm my suspicions. I thought 'book
louse' as soon as I saw the pics, and Kelly seems to agree with me.

Shae

From: ad...@museumpests.net [mailto:ad...@museumpests.net] On Behalf Of
Kelly Meyers
Sent: 12 March 2012 20:24
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Subject: [pestlist] RE: Help with identification

Hi Amber,

I can't be sure from the photos you sent, but I have seen book lice that
look like that under poor magnification or when found in sticky traps. The
second image looks like it may be winged, Dorypteryx-domestica. The below
link has additional information, although it says they die at RH below 50%
which is not consistent with what I have observed in our building.

http://www.museumpests.net/pdfholder/27image.pdf

Kelly

Kelly Meyers

Archaeology Collections Coordinator

Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture

206-543-7696

k...@uw.edu