From: ad...@museumpests.net [mailto:ad...@museumpests.net] On Behalf Of
samantha_rich...@nps.gov
Sent: 23 April 2012 18:04
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Subject: [pestlist] electronic squirrel deterrents

To post to this list send it as an email to pestlist@museumpests.net To
unsubscribe please look at the footer of this email.

Hello all,

One of our historic buildings, a log cabin, has squirrel issues.  We've
tried plugging the holes with hardwire cloth and copper mesh, but the
squirrels just pull it out and use it as nesting material.  The building has
double walls with a gap in between, perfect for stuffing with apples and
raising squirrel babies.

A member of our maintenance crew brought in information about an ultrasound
emitter that acts as a repellent.  (This one is called "YardGard.")  Does
anyone have any experiences with these kind of devices and whether they
work?

Thanks,
Sam

Samantha Richert, Curator