A belated BIG thank you for the information and id.  Glad to hear that they
are likely harmless, although an alarming number of them fled the pole once
disturbed.  As the cooler months have arrived, I was expecting to find
hibernating beasts in the pole, all of them I recognized except this one.

So far so good.

Thanks again,

Claire

J. Claire Dean
Conservator

Dean & Associates Conservation Services
3438 NE 62nd Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97213
USA
Tel: 503-331-1972
E-mail: jclaired...@gmail.com

"So when times are hard and life is rough,
You can stick the kettle on and find me a cup"

*Prof. Elemental*