This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.

Hi Joel,

Size: 5-6 mm

It was found alive, crawling on a painted platform in front of a painted
altarpiece on wood panel.  I don't have any photos of exit holes, but the raw
wood visible on this altarpiece does have plenty of old signs of pest damage.
This is a loaned object that reportedly has been treated twice with anoxia in
the last year, for what type of pest activity I am not sure. (It is typically
on display in a church, however, so the likelihood of re-infestation seems high
in that kind of environment.) There was no frass visible below or around the
altarpiece, however this object is currently installed so I wasn't able to lift
it up to examine very closely.

Thanks,
Cara
--

Cara Kuball
Collections Manager for Preventive Conservation