This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.

I’ve been asked by several members of this list for suggestions on digital
imagers. Rather than replying to each separately, I’ll post here.

I’ve evaluated many such units over the years, and try to keep current on new
and useful devices. I use several daily in my own work, but I also am an
authorized reseller for one line of scopes that I frequently recommend to
clients. ProScope (also known as Bodelin) manufactures diverse lines of digital
handheld (or mounted) microscopes. They have devices that connect via USB to
any modern MacOS or Win computer, standalone units that connect wirelessly via
its own wifi to your phone or tablet, and yet other accessories that clip onto
your phone or tablet. More recently, they added a digital imager that captures
excellent images from the ocular tube of a microscope. I use each, and select
the device depending upon my needs. Find the entire line at
https://proscopedigital.com <https://proscopedigital.com/>. You can buy from
them or from any other authorized reseller (myself included).  Should anyone be
interested in my own recommendations and for a quote, contact me directly. For
examples of images captured using different lenses of a louse egg between paper
and translucent tape, visit
https://identify.us.com/idmybug/head-lice/head-lice-images/proscope-lens-compare/proscope-lens-comparison.html

<https://identify.us.com/idmybug/head-lice/head-lice-images/proscope-lens-compare/proscope-lens-comparison.html>.

Finally, back to the mite. That is neither a clover mite nor a biting mite. I
stand by my initial suggestion, but would be happy to examine the specimen
directly should it come my way.

Richard Pollack, PhD. <mailto:r...@identify.us.com>
CEO & Chief Scientific Officer
IdentifyUS, LLC