This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.

Hi Jill
This is an introduced species called *Blastobasis adustella*, which has
become well-established throughout Britain and Ireland. It feeds on a
variety of vegetable matter such as old oak galls, dead juniper leaves and
empty gorse seed-pods. While I think this will have been an accidental
incursion, do make a note of you see any more. A related species (*Blastobasis
lacticolella*) has been recorded feeding on dead insects, and it would be
unfortunate if this species was doing the same in a museum context, and we
overlooked it! The larva feeds in a silken gallery, so it should be obvious
if it has developed a taste for museum objects. Please let me know if you
find any suspicious caterpillars.
Tony

Dr A.G.Irwin
47 The Avenues