Interested in the interplay between Concurrency Theory / Petri nets and Data
Science ?
This may be a job for you or your PhD/MSc students!

   >>>  18 Research Assistant / Research Associate positions in Process
Mining at RWTH  <<<
   >>>                              (11 PhDs, 5 PostDocs, and 2 Software
Engineers)                                     <<<

www.pads.rwth-aachen.de/applications/
<<<

The Process and Data Science (PADS) group, headed by Prof. Wil van der
Aalst, is a new research group at RWTH focusing on the interplay between
processes and data. The group currently offers 18 Research Assistant /
Research Associate positions in Process Mining: 11 PhD, 5 PostDoc, and 2
Software Engineer positions are available starting from 1-1-2018. Interested
in the interplay between processes and data? Consider applying for one of
these 18 positions!

PADS symbolizes RWTH's ambitions in the area of Data Science and is
supported through a recently awarded Alexander von Humboldt Professorship
(Germany's most valuable international research award with a value of 5
million euros). The scope of PADS includes all topics where discrete
processes are analyzed, reengineered, and/or supported in a data-driven
manner (www.pads.rwth-aachen.de). Process-centricity is combined with an
array of Data Science techniques (machine learning, data mining,
visualization, and Big data infrastructures). The main focus is on Process
Mining (including process discovery, conformance checking, performance
analysis, predictive analytics, operational support, and process
improvement). This is combined with neighboring disciplines such as
operations research, algorithms, discrete event simulation, business process
management, and workflow automation. The ambition is to realize scientific
breakthroughs which will help organizations to turn event data into business
and societal value. Investments by RWTH, the Alexander von Humboldt
foundation, and the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology
make it possible to realize these ambitions and to provide unique job
opportunities for 18 ambitious researchers and software engineers. There are
11 PhD positions, 5 PostDoc positions, and 2 positions for Software
Engineers.

Within the Process and Data Science (PADS) group there are four smaller
subgroups working on (1) foundations of process mining, (2) dealing with
large/distributed/streaming/uncertain event data, (3) automated operational
process improvement, and (4) responsible process mining (focusing on
challenges related to fairness, accuracy, confidentiality, and
transparency). Depending on the interests and background of the successful
candidates, the best fitting subgroup will be chosen, or new subgroups will
be created.

What we offer

RWTH is one of the leading German universities and typically ranked in the
top-3. With more than 43,000 students enrolled in 152 study programs, RWTH
Aachen University is one of the largest technical universities in Germany.
Since 2007, RWTH Aachen University is one of the few German Universities of
Excellence. The computer science department hosts many strong research
groups. This unique ecosystem and strong support of RWTH, the Alexander von
Humboldt foundation, and Fraunhofer FIT, enables the Process and Data
Science (PADS) group to take a leading role in both process science and data
science. Under the leadership of Prof. Wil van der Aalst, 11 PhDs, 5
postDocs, and 2 Software Engineers will be empowered to contribute to one of
today's most exciting research areas: process mining.

More information

See www.pads.rwth-aachen.de (still under construction) or directly
http://www.pads.rwth-aachen.de/applications/. For the official job
announcements, see

* 11 PhD positions:
http://web-p.zhv.rwth-aachen.de/mainzhv.php?scriptid=job&param=vorschau&nr=2
1078&typ=engl (English) and
http://web-p.zhv.rwth-aachen.de/mainzhv.php?scriptid=job&param=vorschau&nr=2
1077&typ=wiss (German)
* 5 PostDoc positions:
http://web-p.zhv.rwth-aachen.de/mainzhv.php?scriptid=job&param=vorschau&nr=2
1090&typ=engl (English) and
http://web-p.zhv.rwth-aachen.de/mainzhv.php?scriptid=job&param=vorschau&nr=2
1085&typ=wiss (German)
* 2 Software Engineers:
http://web-p.zhv.rwth-aachen.de/mainzhv.php?scriptid=job&param=vorschau&nr=2
1095&typ=engl (English) and
http://web-p.zhv.rwth-aachen.de/mainzhv.php?scriptid=job&param=vorschau&nr=2
1093&typ=wiss (German)

See also
http://www.pads.rwth-aachen.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/poster-18-position
s-PADS-RWTHa.pdf,
http://www.pads.rwth-aachen.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/poster-18-position
s-PADS-RWTHb.pdf, and
http://www.pads.rwth-aachen.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/flyer-18-positions
-PADS-RWTH.pdf.

How to apply

The first cut-off date for applications is 12-11-2017. (Later applications
are also welcomed since we anticipate multiple rounds of applications to
fill all 18 positions.) Please send your application via email to
applicati...@pads.rwth-aachen.de thereby carefully following the
instructions. If you have questions, please also use the e-mail address
applicati...@pads.rwth-aachen.de.

We are looking forward to your application!

----
[[ Petri Nets World:                                                ]]
[[              http://www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/TGI/PetriNets/ ]]
[[ Mailing list FAQ:                                                ]]
[[ http://www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/TGI/PetriNets/pnml/faq.html ]]
[[ Post messages/summary of replies:                                ]]
[[                               petri...@informatik.uni-hamburg.de ]]