On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote: > > Looks fine to me; feel free to make the default.
Done. > I've also added Fortran interfaces for the two functions. > Many thanks! > > On Nov 25, 2008, at 4:42 PM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote: > >> I've pushed my changes to PCASM. I've implemented a 'smart' subdomain >> partitioner based on MatPartitioner, and falling back to a by chunks >> of rows partitioning if no good partitioner is available >> (PCASMCreateSubdomains(), and a convenience routine >> PCASMDestroySubdomains(), as now PCASM takes full ownership of >> subdomain index set and the array memory holding them). I'll really >> appreciate if some of you can review all this, as it was a bit tricky >> for me to get it right for all AIJ matrix types, external partitioner >> package availability, etc. The biggest crap is that I had to build by >> hand a MATMPIADJ, I believe MatConvert() cannot be used in the case of >> block-aij matrices (see comments in source code). >> >> A few things missing: >> >> 1) Make it the default. Easy to do once I get review and feedback and >> you agree to to that. >> 2) More testing. I'll try to do some work this week. >> 3) Fortran interface. I would really appreciate any help here. >> >> >> BTW, the fallback to by-row partitioning (actually the former default) >> could perhaps be done better by reusing some of the sparse reordering >> routines for SPARSEPACK. I'm thinking about finding a >> pseudo-peripheral node, do a level-set traversal, and then do the >> partitioning (of course, handling the case of more than one connected >> component in the graph). Not really smart, but far better that >> partitioning rows in chunks (and more or less equivalent to it for >> structured grids in natural ordering) . However, I believe this should >> really go to a new PETSc-native (only uniprocessor) MatPartitioning >> implementation, righ? Any comments? >> >> >> >> >> -- >> Lisandro Dalc?n >> --------------- >> Centro Internacional de M?todos Computacionales en Ingenier?a (CIMEC) >> Instituto de Desarrollo Tecnol?gico para la Industria Qu?mica (INTEC) >> Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cient?ficas y T?cnicas (CONICET) >> PTLC - G?emes 3450, (3000) Santa Fe, Argentina >> Tel/Fax: +54-(0)342-451.1594 >> > > -- Lisandro Dalc?n --------------- Centro Internacional de M?todos Computacionales en Ingenier?a (CIMEC) Instituto de Desarrollo Tecnol?gico para la Industria Qu?mica (INTEC) Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cient?ficas y T?cnicas (CONICET) PTLC - G?emes 3450, (3000) Santa Fe, Argentina Tel/Fax: +54-(0)342-451.1594
