> 
> On Aug 16, 2017, at 12:01 PM, Jiyuan Li <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Dear developers, 
> 
> I am wondering if PETSC is optimized for modern intel architectures (Xeon E5, 
> Xeon phi, ...),

We have been optimizing PETSc for KNL (2nd generation Xeon Phi). If you happen 
to be using KNL, please refer to /config/examples/arch-cray-xc40-knl-opt.py for 
a configuration example. If you do not need to deal with the batch system, the 
only important options would be

--COPTFLAGS=-g -xMIC-AVX512 -O3 -mP2OPT_hpo_vec_remainder=F
--CXXOPTFLAGS=-g -xMIC-AVX512 -O3 -mP2OPT_hpo_vec_remainder=F
--FOPTFLAGS=-g -xMIC-AVX512 -O3 -mP2OPT_hpo_vec_remainder=F
--with-memalign=64

> i.e., if I compile PETSC using Intel compilers (icc, icpc, intelmpi, etc.) 
> instead of GNU compilers, can I get better performance?
> 

Yes, you should. Based on my experience, using Intel compilers on intel 
architectures can usually result in >2X better performance than using GNU 
compilers. Of course, the speedup may vary depending on applications.

> Best,
> Jiyuan

Hong (Mr.)

Reply via email to