> On Feb 4, 2018, at 10:37 PM, Fande Kong <fdkong...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 7:13 PM, Smith, Barry F. <bsm...@mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>    How dare you defame us in such a way. PETSc never ever "needed" cmake and
> certainly never will
>
> This is because we build PETSc with Metis and Parmetis (by default) that
> requires CMake. We usually need Metis/Parmetis for partitioning an
> unstructured mesh.

   Sure but that does not mean that PETSc needs CMake, see the better wording

        • CMake. A modern version of CMake (>2.8) is required to build some of
the meta packages we need to include in PETSc.

http://mooseframework.com/wiki/ClusterInstructions/ClusterSetupSingleUser/

       Probably a lot of text for the various cases could be combined to a
single case, resulting in less text to maintain.