Le 18-02-10 à 12:38, Jed Brown a écrit :
Éric Chamberland <eric.chamberl...@giref.ulaval.ca> writes:

and into this block there was the "-lmpi_cxx" that we need...
The point is that if you are linking C++ code that calls the MPI C++
interface, then *you* should link with mpicxx or equivalent.
The funny thing, is that we are hopefully *not* using the C++ API of MPI.  We do use the C API since MPI 1.0. Then, I am asking myself why this link error shows up now...since nothing calls it... hmmm, let me dig into this...
You should not depend on PETSc to provide anything but PETSc to your
application (so if you call other libraries that your configuration of
PETSc uses, you should take responsibility to link them explicitly; this
Wait: you mean for example if I configure MUMPS (or not) with PETSc, I have to build my link line with all MUMPS dependencies or not myself? I wanted to be "lazy" and to use the same line *you* are using for passing libs (and in the good *order* which is not easy to manage)... as I can rely on this line to link "pure" petsc examples... ;)
is important when using shared libraries).  But you should definitely
not depend on PETSc to provide your application with stuff that has been
REMOVED from MPI (more than five years ago) and that PETSc does not use.
I agree, this C++ MPI API is not a very good excuse to add boring work into any software configuration and maintenance.

Thanks,

Eric