I double checked that a clean build of your (master) branch has this error by my branch (mark/fix-cuda-with-gamg-pintocpu), which may include stuff from Barry that is not yet in master, works.

so did master work recently (i.e. right before my branch got merged)?

Best regards,
Karli

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 5:26 AM Karl Rupp via petsc-dev <petsc-dev@mcs.anl.gov <mailto:petsc-dev@mcs.anl.gov>> wrote:

    On 9/25/19 11:12 AM, Mark Adams via petsc-dev wrote:
     > I am using karlrupp/fix-cuda-streams, merged with master, and I
    get this
     > error:
     >
     > Could not execute "['jsrun -g\\ 1 -c\\ 1 -a\\ 1 --oversubscribe -n 1
     > printenv']":
     > Error, invalid argument:  1
     >
     > My branch mark/fix-cuda-with-gamg-pintocpu seems to work but I
    did edit
     > the jsrun command but Karl's branch still fails. (SUMMIT was down
    today
     > so there could have been updates).
     >
     > Any suggestions?

    Looks very much like a systems issue to me.

    Best regards,
    Karli