hi Matt,

I last tested this with PETSc v3.19 and that was still broken, so unless there was any progress on it in 3.20 I suspect that's still the case.

So for our code we are still basically stuck with using PETSc 3.15 at the moment. Would be nice to be able to get that up to date again.

Cheers, Adrian

On 1/12/23 9:00 am, Matthew Knepley wrote:
On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 6:12 PM Adrian Croucher <a.crouc...@auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

    > Yes, I think so. The partitioning groups cells, and does not
    expect cells
    > in the overlap. We could generalize that, which is probably
    > the right thing to do when redistributing meshes with overlap. I
    will look
    > at why it is complaining. Maybe I can just put a guard instead
    > of an error in there.

    Yes, and it might be useful to be able to disable that check for
    cells
    in the overlap, for cases like this.

Okay, I lost this in my Inbox. Is redistribution of overlapping meshes still broken? If so, we should make a test so that I can fix it.

  Thanks!

    Matt

    - Adrian

-- Dr Adrian Croucher