hi again, On 1/03/24 3: 41 pm, Adrian Croucher wrote: > > I am still getting problems with redistribution of MINC (dual > porosity) meshes. The function DMPlexCheckPointSF() is now raising > errors like this: > > [0]PETSC ERROR:
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
hi again,

On 1/03/24 3:41 pm, Adrian Croucher wrote:

> I am still getting problems with redistribution of MINC (dual
> porosity) meshes. The function DMPlexCheckPointSF() is now raising
> errors like this:
>
> [0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc has generated inconsistent data
> [0]PETSC ERROR: Point SF contains 25 which is a cell
>
> Looking in the PETSc code it appears some extra checks were added
> about a year ago (commit 7726db96) including the bit commented "Check
> there are no cells in interface", which is what is raising the error.
>
> My understanding of the point SF is a bit rusty now but I would have
> thought that for finite volume meshes with overlap 1 (which is what I
> have), there should be cells in the interface?

I just re-tested my code with this "no cells in the interface" check
commented out of the PETSc code, and it appears to run fine. So I think
I can confirm this check is causing the problem.

- Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher
Senior Research Fellow