> On 8 Jun 2016, at 06:45, Rongliang Chen <rl.c...@siat.ac.cn> wrote:
>
> Hi Matt,
>
> I tried your suggestions but I still can not get the refined Vertex Sets.
> What I am doing looks like this:
> if (!rank) {
>   DMPlexSetLabelValue(dm, "Vertex Sets", xx, xx)
>   DMPlexSetLabelValue(dm, "Face Sets", xx, xx)
> }
>
> DMPlexDistribute(dm, xx, xx)
>
> DMPlexGetStratumIS(dm, "Vertex Sets", xx, &vertexIS)
> ISGetLocalSize(vertexIS, &numVertexes1)
>
> DMRefine(dm, xx)
>
> DMPlexGetLabel(dm, "Face Sets", &facelabel)
> DMPlexLabelComplete(dm, facelabel)

There are no points in the transitive closure of the vertices, only the faces,
so completion only changes the Face Sets label.

If you want to extract the refined DM's vertices and mark them in the Vertex
Sets label you need to walk the points marked by the Face Sets label and
transfer the values to the Vertex Sets when the point is a vertex.

Cheers,

Lawrence