Hello,

I want to write a MATSBAIJ to a file in binary, so that I can load it later
using MatLoad.

However, I keep getting the error:

[5]PETSC ERROR: No support for this operation for this object type!
[5]PETSC ERROR: Cannot get subcomm viewer for binary files or sockets unless
SubViewer contains the rank 0 process
[6]PETSC ERROR: PetscViewerGetSubViewer_Binary() line 46 in
/data/scratch/lindnefn/software/petsc/src/sys/classes/viewer/impls/binary/binv.c

The rank 0 is included, as you can see below, I use PETSC_COMM_WORLD and the
matrix is also created like that.

The code looks like:

PetscErrorCode ierr = 0;
PetscViewer viewer;
PetscViewerBinaryOpen(PETSC_COMM_WORLD, filename.c_str(), FILE_MODE_WRITE,
&viewer); CHKERRV(ierr);
MatView(matrix, viewer); CHKERRV(ierr);
PetscViewerDestroy(&viewer);

Thanks,