Hi,

I'm using the L-BFGS QN solver. In order to set the number of past states
(also the restart size if I use Periodic restart), to say 50, I'm using
PetscOptionsSetValue("-snes_qn_m", "50"). However while running, it still
shows "Stored subspace size: 10", i.e., the default value of 10 is not
overwritten.

Additionally, I would like to know more about the the
-snes_qn_powell_descent option. For Powell restart, one uses a gamma
parameter which I believe is defined by the -snes_qn_powell_gamma
option*. *What
exactly does the descent condition do? It would be useful if there are good
references to it.

Thanks,
Biksah

--