A few thoughts,

> On Apr 12, 2018, at 7:47 AM, Ali Berk Kahraman <aliberkkahra...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to solve a Poisson problem with a known source function with all
> Neumann BCs.

   If you are using finite elements then the matrix should be symmetric and
hence its transpose nullspace is the same as the original matrix.

   Presumably you want to know the transpose null space so you can remove it
from the right hand side to get a consistent linear system? With
GMRES you don't need to actually remove it from the right hand side. Just apply
GMRES to the inconsistent system, what will happen, if you
use a good preconditioner is that GMRES will converge to a solution that
minimizes the residual. So the residual norm will not be zero but the solution
to GMRES is a valid solution to the linear system. In fact the "left over"
residual will be in the null space of the transpose; in your case it will be
the null space (since it is one dimensional).

   Barry