Thanks Barry. I will update my petsc.

By the way, I simply replaced the functions PetscFormatConvert() and PetscVFPrintfDefault() with those in petsc-3.6 and it works for me.

Best,
Rongliang

On 04/17/2018 05:53 AM, Smith, Barry F. wrote:
   Rongliang,

    I have prepared a fix for this in the branch
barry/bugfix-petscformatconvert which comes from the master branch of PETSc.

    Unfortunately it requires many changes so cannot be back ported to previous
releases.

    Thanks for reporting the problem,

     Barry