Do you have slip/symmetry boundary conditions, where some components are
constrained? In that case, there is no uniform block size and I think you'll
need DMPlexCreateRigidBody() and MatSetNearNullSpace().

The PCSetCoordinates() code won't work for non-constant block size.

-pc_type gamg should work okay out of the box for elasticity. For hypre, I've
had good luck with this options suite, which also runs on GPU.

-pc_type hypre -pc_hypre_boomeramg_coarsen_type pmis
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_interp_type ext+i -pc_hypre_boomeramg_no_CF
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_P_max 6 -pc_hypre_boomeramg_relax_type_down Chebyshev
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_relax_type_up Chebyshev
-pc_hypre_boomeramg_strong_threshold 0.5