Trying again.

    Normally, numIts would be one less than nEntries since the initial residual
is computed (and stored in the history) before any iterations.

    Is this what you are seeing or are you seeing other values for the two?

    I've started a run of the PETSc test suite that compares the two values for
inconsistencies for all tests to see if I can find any problems.

    Barry

    Also note the importance of the reset value in KSPSetResidualHistory()
which means the values will not match when reset is PETSC_FALSE.