> You need to ./configure PETSc for HDF5 using > > > --with-fortran-bindings=0 --with-mpi-dir=/usr --download-hdf5 > Thanks, this has worked. I assumed PETSc would just pick up the HDF5 library I already had on my system but
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
>    You need to ./configure PETSc for HDF5 using
>
> > --with-fortran-bindings=0 --with-mpi-dir=/usr --download-hdf5

Thanks, this has worked. I assumed PETSc would just pick up the HDF5
library I already had on my system but perhaps that requires
--with-hdf5-dir=/usr or something similar? Would this HDF5 library need
to be configured for MPI as well?

The underworld3 test suite is mostly passing but I do get a handful of
failures coming from

    petsc4py.PETSc.SNES.getConvergedReason()

giving -3 instead of the expected 0. But that's more a question for
underworld devs.

Leon