Matthew Knepley <knepley@ gmail. com> writes: >> I'm developing routines that will read/write CGNS files to DMPlex and vice >> versa. >> One of the recurring challenges is the bookkeeping of global numbering for >>
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Matthew Knepley <knep...@gmail.com> writes:

>> I'm developing routines that will read/write CGNS files to DMPlex and vice
>> versa.
>> One of the recurring challenges is the bookkeeping of global numbering for
>> vertices and cells.
>> Currently, I am restricting my support to single Zone CGNS files, in which
>> the file provides global numbers for vertices and cells.
>>

> I thought Jed had put in parallel CGNS loading. If so, maybe you can
> transition to that. If not, we should get your stuff integrated.

We did implement this, but it's still in a branch. It's been on my plate for a while and I thought I would get to clean up that branch for merging this week, but that will have to wait for next week. (The current hang-up is mediating globally consistent edge orientation for isoperiodic meshes, as needed for cubic elements.)

How are you handling boundary conditions so far? Do you support periodicity?